Sunday, June 8, 2008

Caren O'Hara Gillespie
















Well, here is my spiel…..
I just left a 10 year long career of recruiting (5 years at WAMU corporate) to take care of my kids full time. I am married to a guy (former Morman from Utah) named Trent and we have two kids, Max 4 and Sadie 7 months.
We live in Seattle near Laurelhurst and Trent is a CIO at a talent agency (this is where we met).
I like to go on walks, drink wine, karaoke is one of my favorite things to do but I am in bed too early these days. I still love music and singing and playing guitar. I plan on getting my masters in Psych in a few years after trent gets his MBA. I still love to eat but burned out on cooking after I ran my own food delivery business for a few years and worked in a couple of restaraunts. I still think my favorite job was waiting tables….very social and it kept me at a size 2 (along with a diet of diet pepsi and cigarettes of course) this is not the case any longer mind you. I have stopped smoking as of about 5 years ago but have an occasional puff to remember how bad it tastes now.
Trent and I met at an agency called Creative assets, I was the MS rep and he was the IT geek (still is). Very unsuspecting really, I told him I would find him a gfriend and I wound up being it
We are very opposite, I am the crazy one and he is the serious one. We enjoyed the fact that we both liked the grateful dead and Phish in our past. Yes, I was a deadhead in college. Long hair long dress wearing hippie. This was our bond.
He grew up Morman in SLC and its funny to say that I am his parents favorite daughter. I can do no wrong really Its lovely ….
These days, I do nothing but hang with the family really. If I can, I steal away with a girlfriend for some food and wine and adult conversation….that is rare. Me and trent like foreigh films and going out to eat. WE took a long trip to Paris when Max was one or two, I can’t remember. It was great, I want to go back to Europe. I think I was born to travel. We are thinking of taking up an eastern religion like Budhism but maybe only me. I am not sure. I love yoga also when I get a chance to do it. Its my main form of exercise, not that I really do that either.
I am very close to my mother and father still and my mom is here every week visiting from Whidbey island. She is an amazing nana, her and Max are best buds. She is a godsend really.

No comments: