Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Dan Engel

After graduating from college in 1995, I worked for a number of small community newspapers while also working as a freelance writer for online publications like USAToday.com. I left the newspaper business in 2000 and went to work for an online startup that promptly crashed and burned miserably. In 2001, I went to work for Washington Mutual and have been there ever since, holding a number of corporate communications positions. I’m still writing non-bank stuff and just launched a new Seattle sports blog: Assist by The Mitten.

I met my wife through mutual friends in 1999 and were married a year and half later. Our son Nicholas was born in May 2005. His sister, Lily, was born 14 months later on the Fourth of July. The four of us call Everett home along with our two King Charles Spaniels (Henry and Widget) and Jack the cat.

When I’m not with the family or at work, I spend my time solving theoretical physics problems, especially, phenomenology of particle physics. Not really, I mostly sit around in my office and watch baseball on TV. That would be awesome, though.


Read My Sports Blog: Assist by The Mitten
http://www.assistbythemitten.com/

No comments: