Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Kirsten Williams Moreno






I've been married to Lance Moreno for 9 years, whom I met in Arizona when I was finishing my degree there. He is an amazing husband and father and I feel so blessed to have snatched him up! Currently, he works as a consultant at Microsoft for Vynamic Solutions NW. Like Caren, he is also a previous Wamu guy and the funny thing is that he worked with Caren, Dan Engel and Jeff Farris! Oh, and Brad Newcomer was just down the hall. How's that for a small world? His passions are mountain biking, training for triathlons, and most recently brewing his own beer. I work 1 1/2 days a week as a dental hygienist for Dr. Mecca in Bellevue. We have 2 beautiful girls, Ella-4 and Maiya-1. Oh, and can't forget our first "baby" Gretta, our 9 year old Vizsla! We moved back from Arizona in 1999 and now live up near Redmond High School on Education Hill. Thankfully, I married someone just as committed to vacations as I am. :) We took an amazing trip all over Europe (a.k.a. the "conception tour" haha) just before conceiving our first daughter and have pretty much stayed on this side of the Atlantic since then. Lance's favorite is anywhere in Mexico, mine is Kauai.
Hobbies I've taken up since high school are running, gardening and drinking coffee and wine. :) My latest is triathlons- I've sord of had a little hiatus since having Maiya but I'm getting back in to the training as she begins to sleep better at night. Jeff Jewett continues to be my #1 inspiration in that arena (love you Jeff! :).
Things I love these days are running, gardening, spending QT with my family and friends, and traveling!!! Something I've also learned about myself in my 30's is that I truly have a passion for serving. Whether it's bringing a meal to new parents or feeding the homeless or somewhere in between. I see my next "career path" being in some sort of global, charitable organization that aids those in need of basic giving support (i.e. food/shelter/etc.).
Well, that's me in a nutshell. I hope to see you all on 21st, we are juggling a couple engagements but hope to swing by!

No comments: