Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Phil Peerman








After LW, I decided I wasn’t cut out for college. Three weeks of working at the Tri W warehouse with Shawn Fernandez and Sean Green, I re-evaluated my stance on higher education…Thanks for that shitty job Fernandez. Long story short, I graduated from UW in August 1997 with a degree in Speech Communication. Why Speech Communication you ask? The program had a 3 to 1 female to male ratio. Need I say more? Seriously though, as much of a bullshit degree as it was, I was forced into the continuous discomfort of public speaking which, looking back, has helped me a ton in my career.

During my time at UW I became heavily involved in the dance music community and what was becoming a pretty decent Seattle Rave scene. For me it was honestly about the music and the energy, not about the drugs. Unfortunately like almost every interesting scene, there is a good chance that drugs, money, and/or any number of corrupting variables can sour things quick. As the Rave scene was dying a dilated pupil having, e-tarded gangs of 15 year old girls dressed like slutty Strawberry Shortcake death, my mom was kind enough to co-sign for a Guitar Center credit card and I was able to buy my first set of turntables, which was the start of my official DJ career. I currently play out about once a week, sometimes more sometimes less. I run a small Indy label that has recently put out a CD and a couple of 12”s. Currently Ticklejunk Recordings (My Label) is on temporary hiatus but still acting as my tax shelter for all things music related.

On the work front, I tripped into technology and sales and haven’t looked back. I recently left Microsoft for a startup opportunity and my first 6 months have been a really good time. I’m not married and don’t have kids unless you count dogs. Currently I have two Italian Greyhounds, Trixe and Bella, and a fat Shar-pei named Moses. I live with my girlfriend Sheri in W. Seattle and we do our best to keep it pretty simple though I have been traveling quite a bit. Outside working, I skate, ride my BMX, snowboard, and do pretty much anything and everything that you would imagine a 12 year old boy being into.

Thanks for getting your organize on ladies. I’m really looking forward to catching up.

Phil

No comments: